The OKGo team has sponsored a desk in OKGNworks, located downtown in the Kelowna Innovation Centre. If you need spot to work for a day, this is the perfect place to immerse yourself in an innovative atmosphere and connect with the Okanagan tech community.
In an effort to showcase our homegrown talent, and build meaningful business connections, OKGo is sponsoring a community desk in OKGNworks for anyone to access. Using the OKGo community desk is an opportunity to step into an environment filled with like-minded founders and remote workers in the tech industry. Whether you are visiting from out of town and need a quiet workspace away from your hotel, or you are in need of a drop-in desk between downtown meetings, the OKGo community desk is for you – and the best part is, it’s free to use!
In 2020, the Central Okanagan Economic Development Commission, Tourism Kelowna, and Accelerate Okanagan teamed up to launch OKGo. Together, we have been working to showcase the Okanagan’s key economic sectors and highlight the stories of local innovators.
“The physical presence of OKGo creates more opportunity for meaningful connections between entrepreneurs, students, professionals, and visitors to our region.”
Central Okanagan Economic Development Commission
Who is the OKGo community desk for?
- Remote workers seeking a productive environment away from home
- Entrepreneurs looking to network and collaborate with like-minded individuals
- AO Members, partners, and patrons
- Out-of-towners looking for a place to work during their visit
- Folks who have a gap between downtown meetings and need a temporary workspace
How do I book the Community desk?
- Use this link to check availability of the desk
- Create a booking for the date & time you need the desk; you’ll be prompted to provide your name, email, and company name
- Come in at your scheduled time and enjoy the desk! Please remember to check in with reception upon arrival.
When is the desk available?
Located within Accelerate Okanagan, the OKGo community desk is available during AO’s operating hours. Monday to Friday, from 8:30am to 4:30pm (excluding holidays), with a maximum booking duration of 8 hours.
Anything else I should know?
Convenient paid parking is available on Doyle Ave, or in the nearby library parkade.
We can’t wait to host more community members in OKGNWorks! If you have any questions about this initiative, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Original articled posted by Leslie Louie with Accelerate Okanagan available here.